When it comes to selling, sales, and generally hopping on board with capitalism, most of our skills don’t come naturally. No one comes out of the womb making 2-for-1 offers or trying to convince people to get on board with this exclusive one-time promotion.
It’s completely weird to have a skill and get paid for it, and to make work and get paid for it, when the thing the world needs most is the thing we would happily do for free.
I get it, I do. That’s why this 6-pack shares my selling and making bank wisdom in ways that won’t make you curl into a small ball and hope a meteor hits before you click ‘send’ on that email or ask a potential client to click the buy button.
Enjoy these six podcast episodes (199 more here!), and let me know how they work out for you: email@example.com!
I’m revisiting my favorite podcast episodes for the summer, and your support means the world to me! I suggest paying $10 per 100 minutes of listening. This keeps the podcast sustainable, ad-free, and accessible. 90% of my work is completely free. The other 10% is breathwork and coaching clients, which is when I use my most potent energies for pay. The podcast is an act of love, of sharing, and of my truest work. Your support means the world to me, and to those who aren’t in a spot to pay for any of it right now. Donate here.
First, and most importantly: Money Blocks Aren’t Your Problem.
PLEASE don’t spend your hard-earned money on a bullshit money blocks class or course or book when I promise, that shit is NOT the place to begin working through your financial issues.
Where you don’t allow money into your life, there are eight other things I’ll bet you don’t let into your life fully, and the implications of those elements go way further than whether or not you get paid fairly for your work. Listen in!
Next! Serve the poet goddess inside you and also accept the wealth that is available to you, homegirl.
In this class, we’ll take a deep dive into ways you can receive more money in your life. Namely, by receiving more of the intangibles that we humans tend to dismiss, shut down, or deem as too vulnerable, like joy and pleasure and a host of quite practical things besides.
Listen in to this episode of That’s What She Said while I break down the receiving spectrum and how to strengthen your receiving muscle if you’re like, ‘YUP I want to serve the muse’ and ‘YUP I’d like to be less broke while doing it.’
Next up: Pay Me, Dammit!
Pay Me, Dammit! is a class about money, but it’s really about all the ways money is a stand-in for the ways you’re holding yourself back. We tackle ‘em, together, and then I throw down scripts and techniques that just plain make you dollars.
PLEASE, use the scripts, follow the instructions, and let me know how it goes. When you find $1,000 in your inbox or actually call back that customer or draw better boundaries around your business, I’d freaking LOVE to hear about it! It’s not easy to make the changes that bring in the dollars (see all the reasons mentioned earlier), but when you consciously catch bad habits in action, they lose their power.
Listen in. And get paid, dammit.
Let’s keep going! Separate your work from your worth.
The value of your work is dependent upon many factors; some economic, some artistic, and some woven into the fabric of society itself. That’s why tying your work — specifically, the number of dollars it brings in — to the sum total of your worth is bound to disappoint you.
If you’ve ever said, “I’m gonna charge what I’m worth” or “They’re not willing to pay what I’m worth,” stop EVERYTHING and listen in. That’s dangerous talk, and we can untie your work from your worth in this brand new podcast episode.
Your calendar might not seem like the logical starting point for making more money, but give it a go: How to Clear Energy and Plan for the Year Ahead!
This is not a January-only episode, as you can start again any damn time you feel like it. If you never have time to sell your work, market your work, or finish your projects, THIS is the place to start.
Finally, Show Your Work!
Not just your finished work, but your in-progress work. Your energetic work. Your planning work, your nearly-done work, and your very-much-still-an-idea work.
What if we made our internal checklists visible to other humans?
What if we changed up the ‘just shut up and be a martyr’ pattern and instead, asked for help?
What if we asked for people to acknowledge our completed tasks, to-do lists, and the many items we accomplish on a daily basis?
Showing your work establishes the value of your offerings, helps you feel better about your pricing (because yes, those 7 hours spent picking the perfect font COUNT, dammit), and gives you endless stuff to show off on social media, too.
P.S. Stay on it. (Bonus #7 of the 6-pack! Selling is boring, repetitive, and often feels like throwing the same seeds into the same garden, hoping something will take root. That’s NORMAL. Promise.)