Oh hey! I’m Kristen. I’m a total introvert and have never once given an elevator speech, but let’s pretend all that practicing I did while learning to be ‘professional’ and wearing too-tight pencil skirts wasn’t for nothing!
::imaginary elevator doors close::
I help people tune in to the deep truth of who they are instead of looking to experts or 7-part revolutionary(!) money-making(!) systems for answers. I’ll help you feel feels, make peace with your introverted nature, and get braver. Often I do this through the lens of business, sometimes through poetry, and sometimes by being so vulnerable it hurts to breathe — particularly when I talk about things like my battle with depression. And tenderness. And coming out of the spiritual closet.
Instead of playing the ‘more more more’ game that’s so popular right now (had the six-figure launch a few years ago, felt even more dead inside as a result), I’m playing the ‘deeper deeper deeper’ game.
::imaginary elevator doors open onto glorious library a la Beauty and the Beast, only with more confetti and a garden of puppies::
I’ve rounded up a bunch of starting points for diving deeper into your life at the moment.
If you only read one article, I want you to know: of course you deserve it.
- You feel too much and end up feeling like a victim to the emotions of everyone around you.
- You’re battling depression and wondering if you can keep a business afloat.
- You’re terrified of being seen or appearing vulnerable, particularly online.
- You use your body as a means to carry to brain from place to place and find having a physical body really, really annoying. (Also you avoid sex.)
- You just want to know how to make an offer, hold a sale, or build an e-mail list with minimal struggle.
- You’d love to love marketing. And have a calendar for it, even.
- Honestly? You’re totally freaking overwhelmed.
- You have trouble receiving money — even money you’ve earned fair and square.
- You want to know how to grow your business without buying another multi-thousand-dollar program from the guru of the month.
- You’d like to get some boundaries because if you don’t you’re going to come to blows with your clients (or your partner or both).
- You just wanna get paid, dammit.
- You’d like to hear me be interviewed by a host of lovely humans, preferably while addressing the vulnerability of joy itself, how to get paid and stay creative, finding your greatest gifts, or coming alive after burning your business to the ground.
- You lost the sense of fulfillment you went chasing after in business and want to find it again. You want to go Calling to the Deep. (Free 50 pages free here.)
- You want to reconnect with the voice within you that whispers about being wild and unfolding magnificently. You want All the Selves I Used to Be. (First 20 poems free here.)
- You’re a total freaking introvert in business who will do anything to avoid a networking event. Meet Introverts at Work. (Free 50 pages free here.)
If you need a handle on business basics and getting your enterprise off the ground without boring corporate speak, pop your e-mail address in the box and I’ll send you an excerpt of Go Your Own Way: free yourself from business as usual. I’ll also send access to a secret library full of sample chapters, lectures, and kits!
Please become a member of the Fuck Yah Club if you’d like access to a secret library stocked to the gills with freebies and wonders, like free books (plural), sample chapters, and other goodies.
You’ll also get my latest podcasts, articles, and workshop announcements sent to you in a weekly e-mail.
WARNING: I use hard-hitting animal GIFs and Golden Girls references to make points in these e-mails. Do not join the Fuck Yah Club if you prefer Seriously Professional Business Proceedings Laden With Bullet Points and Instant (with-3-payments-of-$999) Solutions.
Want to see what people say about my newsletter — and the original missives that inspired each comment?
P.S. What’s that? You’re in love and want to see everything I’ve got for sale at the moment, RIGHT FREAKING NOW. Shop away!